Moving premises

Moving premises? Here’s all you need to know

If you’re moving premises, you need to provide certain information so that we can make sure you’re charged correctly for the energy you actually use.

Moving out

You need to let us know:

  • The move date
  • Your final meter readings (remember, if we supply the gas and electricity, we’ll require reads from both meters)
  • A forwarding address for your final bill
  • Details of who is moving into the premises after you have left (new tenant/owner/landlord)
  • The address of the new premises you are moving to, if we supply/or you would like us to supply the gas and/or electricity at your new premises.


Use the form at the foot of the page to submit your Business Moves request

Moving in

If you’re moving into new premises, we’ll need the following details:

  • The move date
  • Your contact information
  • Opening meter readings (if we supply the gas and electricity we’ll require readings from both meters)
  • Your company registration number and registered address (for limited companies)
  • A forwarding address for the previous owner/tenant/landlord
  • The address of the premises you have moved from, if SSE supplied the gas and/or electricity at these premises.

It’s easy to send us the information we require using one of the following methods:

  1. Use our Business Moves form at the foot of this page to submit your request.
  2. Call our dedicated Business Moves team on 0345 0264565
    Lines are open 8:30 -17:00 Monday-Friday
    *Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purpose.
  3. Post the required details, or the completed business moves form, to:
    SSE Business Energy, Ty Calon, Malthouse Avenue, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff, CF23 8GL

In situations where advance notice can’t be provided we should be informed within 14 working days of any business move so  we can ensure your account is updated and charged correctly.

Unsure who supplies the gas or electricity at your new premises?

If you’re unsure who is currently registered to supply the gas or electricity at the premises you are moving into, you can contact organisations listed below.

You’ll need the following information:

  • Supply address; or
  • Meter serial number; or
  • MPAN (Electric Meter Point administration number) or MPRN (gas meter point reference number)

Electricity – The Online Central Enquiry Service (ECOES)

Gas – Xoserve – Tel: 0121 713 4901

Submit your Business Moves Form