Who we are
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is SSE Energy Supply Limited
(03757502) having its registered address at No. 1 Forbury Place 43 Forbury Road Reading RG1 3JH.
The information we collect and how we use it
- In order for us to provide to you and for you to use some of the services available on this website which include the facility to review account billing and consumption history and grouping services online (referred to in this policy as the “Services”), we need to know some of your personal information.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and the Services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- We may also use your information to market products or services which may be of interest to you to the extent that you have provided consent where consent is required. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes; if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us using the contact details shown in 6 below.
We may create and access cookies on your PC. Cookies are small text files stored in your web browser, which can identify you when you visit our website. For more information see our cookie page.
How we protect your information
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised, unlawful processing of your personal information and against accidental loss, destruction of, or damage to, you personal information, including the use of encryption technology.
- Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures or their content.
Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and may be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Updating your details and getting in touch with us
If any of the information you have given us changes or you want to get in touch with us, for example if you change your name, email address, other details, or wish to complain please let us know via your online customer account, by contacting us or by sending a letter to SSE Business Energy Centre, Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ.
Access to information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to access the information we hold about you. You may submit a request to us in writing accompanied with the applicable £10 fee.